Monday, November 21, 2011

HW420-Unit 2-Jouney on Relaxation Exercise

A New Beginning is quite literally where I have decided to make some drastic life changes. The first of which is devoting my life to God. This past year has been a journey and commiting all without any reservations has brought me great peace beyond compare. This class comes at a wonderful time where I am learning that it is not all about that outer shell and letting go of it is actually the first step.I have gained perspective,peace, mercy, and am content with my decisions.

whoever wants to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for me will find it.
Mathew 16:25


Journey to Relaxation was performed prior to bed time.I was already in a relaxed attire as far as pajamas go but still held much stress in my right neck to shoulder area.BeginniMyng the exercise with deep breathing is a sure fire way to start a great relaxation process. The autogenic training technique of actually suggesting relaxation through change of blood flow felt great! I decided to perform the exercise on my brand new, fluffy carpet and tried to picture my torso as a lake that overflowed into my shoulder and arms.With each breath I released nmore blood flow and I was in control. For a second I was so relaxed I thought I missed a step.
As the narator stated muscle tension is the number 1 symptom of stress. While I still feel tension in my shoulder, I could feel the power of suggestion alleviate some tension.I am positive that practicing this technique may bring on a whole new level of relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment